Monday 15 October 2012

Steamed chicken wings with herbs 红枣枸杞子蒸鸡翅


I can't remember where I learnt this dish from, but it always reminded me of another Mom at my daughter's class. She commented that on rainy days, when all the laundry has to be hung indoors, she would opt for steamed dishes so that the laundry would not smell of her cooking! I thought that was a good idea. Besides, steamed dishes are always healthier.

Rain or shine, this dish has become my daughter's favourite dish! She may not be a meat lover, but she can easily polish off 3-4 pieces of this chicken wings! As a mom, it just makes my day. :)

300g chicken wings (8 pieces)
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp hua tiao jiu (chinese cooking wine)
1/2 tsp sugar
6 pcs dried dates (红枣)
small handful of wolfberries (枸杞子)
5 tbsp warm water from rehydrating dates and wolfberries
  1. Rehydrate red dates and wolfberries in warm water
  2. Cut red dates into small pieces
  3. Add all ingredients together and marinate in zip-lock bag for 30mins or more. (or skip marinate and cook immediately!)
  4. Steam in medium-high heat for 10 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tom Yam Braised Chicken

Before we had our Korean craze, we were so in love with Tom Yum. Tom Yum soup, Tom Yum steamboat, Tom Yum fried rice, etc. I looove Tom Yum...